Air Curtain Technology
Selection factors of air curtains
To select the right air curtain, the following factors should be kept in mind:
- The height of the installation measured from the discharge diffuser to the floor
- The width of the door
- The location of the building to determine the level of protection needed against weather conditions (temperature, humidity, and wind)
- If the building has several doors in the same area, different or opposite façade
- If the building has several stories connected by escalators/stairs
- Pressure differences between the inside and outside of the building
- Door characteristics: If always open, it opens automatically, it opens manually, revolving door, etc.
- Characteristics of the ventilation and air conditioning installation
- Voltage and electrical power availability
- Type of business, style, and decoration of the premises
- Free hanging or recessed, horizontal or vertical installation, heated or unheated, etc.
Some installations with strong wind conditions may compromise the air curtain due to: Severe wind, extreme temperature differences indoor/outdoor, more than one door, different levels, big halls, high-pressure differences, etc.
In those situations, a higher performance model is recommended.
As explained, the air curtain selection depends on the installation situation. Here we show four different positions, from the most favorable to the air curtain to the most unfavorable.
Rosenberg/Airtècnics expert consultants with extensive experience are always at your disposal to help you choose the right kind of air curtain for any application.